April was even more challenging than March and I seemed to have slipped on quite a few categories that I was hoping to improve in. Why is this? Is it that these really aren’t my passions? Maybe it’s just too many interests or goals? Or is it that I lack support or simply lack motivation? I am finding that it is easier to focus on thinking, writing and photography than it is to focus on health and fitness. I also am finding that for health and fitness I don’t have anyone to hold me accountable…..someone that wants the same results. In addition…(an excuse I know) but I want to spend time with my family and some of these items are difficult to execute when I am with my family. So I will add a pushup and situp challenge. These can be done anywhere even while watching TV. Alissa and I started this while in England, but stopped doing this. Defined abs, arms and chest are really what I want so these should definitely get me started.
I would love to hear your thoughts about my experiments.
Family & Friends:
- 1 Date night per week with my wife– Fail…no excuse for this.
- Go see Grandma 1x per month – Complete
- Call Parents weekly – Complete
- Visit Parents at least 1x monthly – Complete
- Call sister 1x monthly – Fail
- Close friends – reach out at least monthly – Fail
- Learn 5 Campfire Songs with acoustic guitar – Complete…Margaritaville, Good Riddance, Stand By Me, If I had a million Dollars, Collide
- Complete 1 new “Capture Session” of a full song with vocals – Fail
- One photo posted per week – Complete – 7 Photos posted to IG…but not on a regular basis.
- Purchase transition filters – Fail, I need to get a telephoto lens first.
- Understand the “Behance” site and “SmugMug” site – Fail, I haven’t taken the time to explore these.
Health & Fitness:
- 520X (5 Items, 20 Reps) or Random SworkIt Program 5x per week
- 20 Jumping Jacks, 20 Situps, 20 Pushups, 20 Squats, 20 Knee Highs – Fail – I have found more enjoyment in biking and haven’t taken the time to do 520x
- 0-100Pushup/0-200 Situp Challenge 10min per day….3 days per week….10 weeks – Fail – Just have been too lazy and/or distracted by basement.
- Run/Elliptical/Bike/Blade 1x per week for 30 minutes – Complete – This was successful in that I biked twice to high cliff, once around Sherwood and I also roller bladed once.
- I will also drink 32oz of water a day (4-8oz glasses or 2 bottles of water) – Fail – I have found this to be easier when I am working.
- Continue with an average of one blog post weekly on Mondays – Complete, although they are sporadic.
- Do one daily prompt weekly on Fridays – Fail and I lost interest in this.