I give myself permission to:
- Research and Experiment to find work that energizes me and allows me to provide great opportunities for my family.
- Simplify my life by focusing on three passion themes (Playing/Recording Music, Photography, Health & Fitness)
- Find a way to help/inspire others through Blogs, Vlogs, Websites, Music, Photos..ideally within the themes I am passionate about
- My biggest fears: losing my job and not being able to find one for a while thus putting my families safety and security at risk. I want to note that I have this fear, but I have taken some bold steps over the past years regardless of these fears. Moved my family to England for three years, switch to a consulting career, moved houses. I am not afraid to try and am motivated by the failure of not trying.
- I could live on the streets, eating from dumbsters having to have the boys begging for cash. ugh…makes me sick to think about this!
- The worst thing that could happen is we deplete our savings account and need to downsize or house. I doubt we would live on the streets, but I would hate to lose some of the lifestyle we have now.
- To rebuild, first and foremost I would need to secure income again. Ideally it would be in an area of interest. I would work hard to avoid jumping at an opportunity out of fear, but only move on one if it fits one of my passions. Next sell off the items that drain money rather than help to earn it (the boat). Then I would apply my minimalistic mentality to try to own only what we need with a few simple pleasures. Live simply and live healthy.
- Real Worst Case Scenario – I could lose my job and it could take 6-12 months to find something in an area of interest. I am ready for this with an emergency fund and the ability to sell off non-essentials (boat, riding mower etc).
Summary….Real Worst Case Scenario would be uncomfortable, but not the end of the world.