I believe that to accomplish anything you need to break the problem/challenge/opportunity down into managable size pieces. Last year for this blog, I decided to make progress towards finding my passion by having monthly experiments. This process has encouraged me every month to reflect on the previous month and adjust for the next month. It also encouraged me to think about my interets and passions.
As I just reflected on 2017 (see my previous post)…I want to make a change this year. I need to build a daily routine to make better progress on my monthly experiments.
To do this I want to make sure I am improving by:
So for January, I plan to experiment with the following daily routine:
- Send wife love note:) when we are apart
- 60 oz of water – 20 each in the morning, afternoon, evening
- 10 Burpees
- Run 1-3 miles or (2 days of the week)
- Read a book for 15 minutes
- 30 minutes of learning-Fizzle/Photography Course
- 30 min max of Facebook, Linked-IN, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Buffer
- 30 min of News: News 360, Flipboard, Feedly
- 30 min of guitar practice, recording
- 10 minutes of Elevate mind training
- 15 minutes of mindfullness
- 1 Vlog recorded
- 420 oz of water
- 70 burpees
- 2-6 miles run weekly (Two days of the week)
- 105 minutes of reading a book
- 105 minutes of learning-Fizzle/Photography Course
- 210 min max of Facebook, Linked-IN, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Buffer
- 210 min of News: News 360, Flipboard, Feedly
- 210 min of guitar practice, recording
- 70 minutes of Elevate mind training
- 105 minutes of mindfullness
- 1 Vlog Post
- 1 Blog Post
- 1 Instagram Post with hashtags
- Family planning for the next week and next month
A lot of time….but maybe with structure I can get to all of this???
Let’s see how this goes:)
- Completed basement with studio and movie room
- Biked 15 miles in one session
- Biked High Cliff, Reforestation Camp and Riverview Gardens
- Learned many new songs on Guitar
- Tycen learned to rollerblade
- Jacek got good at roller blading
- Completed two IDEO design thinking courses
- Completed 21 day Find Your Passion course
- 92 Total Instagram Posts (All Time)
- 77 Total Blog Posts (All Time) and
- 429 views
- 217 Visitors
- 26 likes
- 2 comments
- Career Coaching Completed
- Bought a boat
- Started learning the fret board
- Bahamas cruise
- Online Business/Create an online product
- Start an online business/site❌
- Write a book/guide about
- Create an online product⚠️
- Grow my audience for Instagram and Blog/Vlog❌
- Master the fretboard✅
- Build out my studio✅
Things I want to have in 2017:
- Amp – Fender Blues Jr or Fender Hotrod, or Line 6 Jam Master??✅
- Boss RC300 Loop Station or Infinity Looper✅
- Beat Buddy pedal and selectors✅
- Mixer for vocals and guitar or PA system that allows this. Line 6 Stage Source L2T or L3T✅
- Pitch shifter pedal – Pitchfork
- MIDI Keyboard (AKAI Professional Mini2)✅
- Studio Desk
- A bike rack
- New mountain bike – Pivot – Switchblade, Ellesworth 40
- 50mm lens
- A new camera
- A Macbook Pro for Photography and Music creations
Things I want to be in 2017:
- A better father
- A better husband
- A better friend
- Content with my job
- A better Photographer
- A better Musician
- An Entrepreneur
- An Innovator for….
Things I want to do in 2017:
- Complete Fizzle Online Business Course
- 10 Burpees daily challenge
- Walk/Run 2-7 miles weekly challenge
- Run for 5k straight (no walking)
- Bike 5-30 miles weekly
- Bike Hartman Creek, Baird Creek trails, Reforestation Camp
- Teach Tycen to ride a bike
- Go downhill skiing
- Launch my App idea
- Learn a new language – German or Italian
- Visit England again
- Meditate and Be Mindful
- Visit Banff Canada
- Kite Surf
- Perform an open mic night
- Whitewater Kayaking
- Take amazing photos and make prints for our house
Things I want to do beyond 2017:
- Visit Austrailia
- Fly fish in Montana
- Hang glide
- Wing Suit Dive?
via Daily Prompt: Calm
Have you tried the “Calm” app? I use it weekly and sometimes daily to focus and be more present. I have been using it for quite a few months now and for a while even had a subscription. This month I cancelled the subscription as part of my minimalist efforts to simplify. I still have and use the app, I just am trying to simplify expenses and use a basic version. My subscription expires in April, so I will see if the free version will meet my needs.
Either way, I recommend you check it out.
Calm | The Daily Post <img height=”1″ width=”1″ style=”display:none” src=”https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=823166884443641&ev=PageView&noscript=1″ />
I am working on setting up my home photography studio and looking to get a Macbook Pro. My concern is there is very little space on this…so what is the best workflow/process to manage all those files while still ensuring they get backed up? I believe Lightroom and Photoshop store files on the device.
Can anyone offer the best method for cloud storage while using Lightroom and Photoshop?
Today, I use Eyefi Keenai (formerly Eyefi) to sync all my photos from my cameras (Camera to ipad first), ipad and iphone to the Keenai cloud. From there all of the photos sync from this could down to my main device. Currently this a folder on my windows PC. My windows PC is backed up with a cloud backup service. My windows PC is nearly filled (almost 1TB).
I want to switch to a Macbook Pro which will most likely have the same or less hard-drive space. Can anyone make a recommendation?
Looking forward to your responses.
The following are as many interests as I can think of:
Mark things done this year⚠️ And within 30 days ✅
- Recording music⚠️✅
- Landscape photography⚠️✅
- Travel photography⚠️✅
- Aerial Photography
- Photo editing⚠️✅
- Action sport photography
- Action videos
- Aerial videos
- Water skiing⚠️
- Wake boarding
- Kite sailing
- Kite surfing
- Mountain biking⚠️✅
- Drones/Model Aircraft
- Downhill skiing
- Roller Blading⚠️
- Frisbee golf⚠️
- Rock climbing
- Wingsuit sky diving
- Sky surfing
- Project management/program management⚠️✅
- Product Reviews
My wife created this blog while we lived in England from 2011 to 2014.
Posted in Travelogues
So I have lost motivation for exercise aside from biking. I need to build it into my daily and weekly routine as I am not able to bike daily.
I had an idea this week to try to merge my mindfulness time and my exercise time in hopes of engaging both more frequently.
What if I listen to my Daily Calm app while doing slower type exercises. Instead of sitting I would focus on being mindful while exercising. I know this might seem contrary to the point of mindfulness but maybe it will encourage me to do both with a positive impact to my health.
Rapid experiment: Daily – Practice mindfulness (DAILY Calm Walking Meditation) while performing the exercise routine below.
At least 10 reps of the following:
Be mindful of body, breathing and environment while doing this.
Finish with a mindful hot shower.
Results to follow.